Pages

Sunday 30 January 2011

Print Advertisement Audience Research

For my print advert getting an idea of where to place the advert is a priority. Once more I presented my target audience with a form to fill in about their news reading habits. The following trends became clear:

Firstly, my target audience does consume news media - and the majority of it is online based:
Results for whether they consume news media

From which source news is gathered
In addition to this, I wanted to find out whether my audience used their smart devices (tablets, phones) to view the news. This is because I have to consider the possibility that an advertisement may not reach the correct audience if it is a printed news paper - especially in this day and age.
People who owned a smart device

Response to whether they use it to view online news
What this response indicated is that although a majority do have smart devices, they tend not to use them to view online news.

Finally, I sought to find out what type of news paper my target audience favours. As a more educated middle class audience, I did not expect the lower end of the tabloid spectrum to rank highly in the results. This theory was vindicated by the results received:

So my summary is that my advertisement should be placed within the Guardian newspaper, both in print and on their website - as this would maximise exposure. Smart devices are negligible as the majority do not browse on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment