Pages

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Ident Development

I've began the process of producing my ident sequence. The one I've chosen is the clip featuring the ringed city, and I've chosen to animate it in Flash.

A key part I wanted to get done was animating the ring that goes around the city (and moon). I completed this using photoshop, flash and the various masking tools within them. Below are some screenshots explaining how I did this:
The green section shows the mask. This essentially acts like a window - anything outside the coloured band will be hidden from view - producing the ringed shape.

Exported from photoshop, a version of the ring that has no fill - however it still has the effects overlayed (the translucent white band you see in the center). This is put over the mask which is what gives it the same look as the non-animated version.

 Finally, by working together and rotating the gradient behind them on a loop it will produce the effect that the light is beaming round and round - you can see the final product below:

1 comment:

  1. Just browsing your blog, and my eyes fell upon this. It certainly works, because the cool colour-change had me transfixed for a good while.

    ReplyDelete