Pages

Thursday 13 January 2011

Practise Shots for Print Ad

In preparation for the production shots required for the print ad, Blaine and Myself ran a few test shots to gauge any issues with the task, to familarise us with the poses needed and to see if it is feasible to get the angle needed.

The Sketch I am working from is as follows:
 I am taking parts of the shots in different photographs to give a degree of flexibility in the positioning - and to work within the constraints of house layout.

The first shot was a mid-shot completely side on to the subject. This is the one closest resembling the above sketch:
I felt this worked well, however the low angle of the shot gives an impression of power to the subject that should not exist, as the advert is intending to demonstrate the TV Channel as the source of power / inspiration rather than the viewer. Therefore, another shot was taken from an eye-level thus neutralising the shot:
This rectifies the problem, but I feel this is too steep an angle. From this I am going to ensure in the final one that I have a shot at an angle between the two to keep it neutral and in the correct perspective.

I also experimented with how close the subject should be. The above were taken at the furthest zoom, I repeated the shot with an increased zoom:
 This I feel is the strongest. You can see the expression and the angle its taken from is neither too low, nor too high.

For the final shots, I now have an indication of what sort of angle and zoom level to capture to place the user in the advertisement so they do not create mixed messages and so they are in the correct perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment