Pages

Thursday 10 March 2011

Website Development

I've began construction of the Web Page from the initial design I have made here:

 During the initial stages the only content was placeholder content. This is common on many web design projects as you are making the structure, rather than organising the content.

The TV Guide is a section I have decided to keep basic. A Schedule should be simple to view, I don't think there is a need to play with the formatting on a key element like this.
As the site begins to take shape, I've began to add more multimedia to the pages. One aspect I am particularly proud of is that the Quick Guide will pull the time table for whichever part of the day it is. From the screenshot you can see it's "Friday Early" which corresponds to the item on the TV Guide page.
Finally I listened to some feedback from my audience about the TV Guide page. In the first screenshot you couldn't see the key, as it was down the bottom. Clearly this was a usability problem and thus I've moved it to the top of the page.

Another consideration to take with this is that I've designed it with the latest technology in mind. In particular the text orientation on the TV Guide is using CSS3, the latest version of CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) which only the latest browsers support. On a non supporting browser they show up like this:

The website can be found here: http://media.jamesy.me.uk/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment