Pages

Thursday 18 November 2010

Photographic Techniques: Planning and Aims.

In order to get an idea for the requirements of my print advertisement and the following ident, and web design I am planning to go into urban environments in order to find locations to either film or photograph. In doing so I hope to mimic some of the styles below, and to find ways of merging what I want in terms of photographic style with that of the idents I have analysed below.
One particular technique I would like to experiment with is a long exposure on movement, especially in urban environments such as below:
Similarly the use of the Bokeh technique of blurring, to produce aesthetically pleasing points of light.


I hope to demonstrate my ability to use photographic techniques such as  Framing, lighting and to gain possible locations / images to use for the various mediums my products must be in. I will post afterwards analysing my findings.

2 comments:

  1. have you considere using HDR photographic techniques James - it is something that I think you will find a challenge but rewarding and a stimulating stretch of your established photographic skill level - have an explore and let me know.

    http://www.hdrsoft.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. or maybe this site may be more to your liking

    http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/high-dynamic-range.htm

    ReplyDelete